• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Are we now a mediocre conference team?

citytrue

Having seen today's game against Bury, I cannot criticise the players who gave their all but I have to question the ambition of Tisdale. The game was there for the taking and it was clear that changes needed to be made around 60 mins when Bury came back into it, but yet again we waited until conceding before changing the team with only 7 minutes to go. The changes clearly made a difference but they had no time to be effective!

Bury were not that good and were there for the taking but I felt that yet again Tis was happy to play for the draw! Surely the lure of the 3rd round and lucrative money spinner for city should have been the driving factor behind going for the win? There were approx 700 city fans in good voice desperate for the changes but it never came!

Soemthing has to change surely?

city_youth

don't know what game you were watching mate, we matched bury today. yes, sometimes they were in the ascendancy, and other times we were. we went for it and created more chances than them over the course of 90 minutes and definately deserved something out of this tie. was a very open game, and i'm just heartbroken we couldn't hold them out/find that equaliser. their keeper really did save them several times at the end.

citytrue

Yes we matched them but never really looked like scoring until the changes! Surely you can see that?

ScrumpyJack

Yes i think we are im afraid.

C

Cliff Bastins Shorts

We have been a mediocre Conference team for five seasons, thats why we are still languishing in this dire league.
Surprised its taken some so long to realise.
Tisdale isnt the man, said it from day one and nothing has changed since Im afraid.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster

B

Barmy Grecian

To be honest what I think a lot of people are forgetting is the fact that we are nothing special any more there are plenty of sides that have our expectations and a lot of former league sides in there as when we came down we were the big boys but now we are not, with the likes of , york,oxford,torquay,rushden,kidderminster all ex league sides who have our expectations.

Grecian666

citytrue

Are we now a mediocre conference team?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Having seen today's game against Bury, I cannot criticise the players who gave their all but I have to question the ambition of Tisdale. The game was there for the taking and it was clear that changes needed to be made around 60 mins when Bury came back into it, but yet again we waited until conceding before changing the team with only 7 minutes to go. The changes clearly made a difference but they had no time to be effective!

Bury were not that good and were there for the taking but I felt that yet again Tis was happy to play for the draw! Surely the lure of the 3rd round and lucrative money spinner for city should have been the driving factor behind going for the win? There were approx 700 city fans in good voice desperate for the changes but it never came!

Soemthing has to change surely?

Absolutely spot on CityTrue

pincher

so every ones beginning to agree then , we are sh*te , being led by someone who is so careful im surprised he gets out of bed , in case hes forgotten how to walk.. buck up tisdale/city get some b*ll*cks and passion

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I happened to think we were great today and matched Bury all over the Park. If we're a mediocre Conference team then they are no better.

Just think of how Exeweb would be in meltdown tonight if we had just scraped an unconvincing win against lower league opposition by the skin of our teeth - we did well today, and can be proud of everyone invloved with our club.