• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Freecycle

Daughter of I_M

There is a site on yahoo groups called freecycle. Basically people that don't want to throw things away give them away. I have taken advantage many times and got myself a sofa, baby toys, a microwave, a washing machine etc etc. And it's useful if you have something you want to get rid of as the idea is you go and collect it.

Anyone else registered?

loobygrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
is there a link for this website??

Daughter of I_M

Go here...

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/

Then go to freecycle. It's all over the world so you have to put where you live in. Careful people always seem to go to Exeter in America, get the right one.

Use it a lot - highly recommended.

says he - sitting on an office chair from freecycle, facing a desk from freecycle, on a floor covered in carpet tiles from freecycle....

manc grecian

Anyone else use this. I use it to get rid of stuff and find it a very good site. It also gives me a boost in that i can help those less fortunate than myself such as Nursey, Looby etc.

Anyway theres someone on tonight who wants the DVD of "Bridges of Madison C*nty"

His words not mine.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm registered on this, and I've got rid of loads of junk, that I no longer need. It saves me having to load things into the car and take down the tip.
I've never got anything off there but my mum needs a 4/5 drawer chest of drawers if anyone has one going spare..... will swap for a really old fashoined dressing table!

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
Can I also recommend people think about http://www.turntable.org.uk/ please. A local Exeter based charity, doing a fantastic job in helping those that need it most.

No, I don't work for them ! (But I used to !) ;)

fred binneys head

Do you have to give bikes away, or can you give other stuff?

mammooman

Been on the Bournemouth free cycle quite a lot, there is a sofa going pretty much each day, washing machines, printers, all in good nick. If only I didnt have a small Clio!

loobygrecian

Anyone else use this. I use it to get rid of stuff and find it a very good site. It also gives me a boost in that i can help those less fortunate than myself such as Nursey, Looby etc.

Anyway theres someone on tonight who wants the DVD of "Bridges of Madison C*nty"

His words not mine.
Thanks Philip, i am so overwhelmed by your concern. :cool: