• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City fan paralysed

Nik Nak

Keen Exeter City fan James (Jimbo) Gould aged just 17 from Exminster has been left paralysed from the chest down, following a tragic pool accident. I am sure you will all join me in wishing him well. James has now been transfered to Sailsbury hospital for further treatment but has been told that his future will be in a wheelchair. I am aiming to hold a gift auction to raise funds for his future needs mainly a wheelchair and would appreciate any other fund raising ideas, his friends are already organising a sponsord cycle ride as they are all bike mad. If anyone would like to offer a gift for the auction or a donation it would be well recieved.

Come on EXEWEBBERS THIS IS ONE OF OURS

Nik Nak

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Why not set up a just-giving online (presumably www.just-giving.com or something, google it if need be) sponsorship page mate, if you are unable to do so then drop me a PM with an address and I'll donate by cheque

Newtonpop

Cannot imagine what thought's must be going round his head at this time. Hope he is strong enough to come to term's with it and get's strong support from his family and friend's.

I don't have any fundraising idea's but will contribute when something is going to happen.

Feel guilty about complaining about a few ache's and pain's compared to his problem:$

Scooterboy 65

I would like to wish James all the best I read about it in the paper such a young age.
I broke my back in 93 aged 27 so been in the wheelchair 14 years, I spent 6 months at Odstock Salisbury spinal unit it's the best place to be for Rehab and there all very good up there and you do have a laugh.
There's not much more I can say just remain positive.
I'll happily donate some money
All the best Phil

Fez Army HQ - somewhere behind enemy lines ..
Just heard / read about this story for the first time. Not sure if James will get the opportunity to read 'Exeweb' during his treatment & care, or indeed, have the inclination to, but I just wanted to wish him all the very best for his treatment & rehabilitation & to say that I'd be more than happy to make a donation to assist with the lad's well being. Take it easy mate.

C

city girl D.O.G

Just heard / read about this story for the first time. Not sure if James will get the opportunity to read 'Exeweb' during his treatment & care, or indeed, have the inclination to, but I just wanted to wish him all the very best for his treatment & rehabilitation & to say that I'd be more than happy to make a donation to assist with the lad's well being. Take it easy mate.
i agree and i hope he can stay strong and his family as well

Southampton Gull

Keen Exeter City fan James (Jimbo) Gould aged just 17 from Exminster has been left paralysed from the chest down, following a tragic pool accident. I am sure you will all join me in wishing him well. James has now been transfered to Sailsbury hospital for further treatment but has been told that his future will be in a wheelchair. I am aiming to hold a gift auction to raise funds for his future needs mainly a wheelchair and would appreciate any other fund raising ideas, his friends are already organising a sponsord cycle ride as they are all bike mad. If anyone would like to offer a gift for the auction or a donation it would be well recieved.

Come on EXEWEBBERS THIS IS ONE OF OURS

Nik Nak
This puts other things like Club rivalries etc into perspective, I would like to make a donation on behalf of Torquay United dotNET and would also pass on our best wishes to James and his family.

since62

in the red &white with Daughter At the Home Of Foo
more than happy to donate for such a tragic accident, can someone post a link or address for this?

Chalk1e

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks to everyone for their support.

Jimbo is my cousin and I will make sure that your messages get passed onto his mum.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Saw this is the paper back along too.
Maybe a bucket collection would be in order?

Last edited: