• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gill and Mackie off in January??

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Paul Buckle is in talks with his Board via Colin Lee, he is trying to secure funding to buy Gill and Mackie from us in the January window.
A sticking point apparently is Matty Gill`s recently signed two year deal with us, but PB feels an improved three year deal for Matt and a possible player exchange might be enough to sign him.
Mackie is a done deal!

Last edited:

manc grecian

How are they going to manage that then when they are on the brink of exceeding the salary cap already?

Poultice

This is more like it, a proper transfer rumour.

Unfortunately you have picked the wrong players.

Gill has added nowt to the team this year and plenty of experts on here will tell you that Mackie is a waste of a shirt, so no great loss there, send them down the road with our blessings.

Red the Paper

Banned
This is more like it, a proper transfer rumour.

Unfortunately you have picked the wrong players.

Gill has added nowt to the team this year and plenty of experts on here will tell you that Mackie is a waste of a shirt, so no great loss there, send them down the road with our blessings.
Poults, you appear to be in one hell of a bad mood this morning;)

LammieLammieLammie

:D

Believe me, he's not. ;) I would say he's in good form this morning!

Last edited:

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ill only believe it when i see it and if this happens WTF!! Doubt its true though!! If its though then Mackie has looked really good this year and hes scored a few as well. Both have two year deals so would cost em a reasonable amount(Ide take £90000 for both nothing less).

ecfc2000

I wouldn't want to lose Mackie, IMO he's a good player with a lot of promise. He needs a little more self belief and encouragement to find the net. He's the one player who tries his heart out all match and yes, i know hes not pele, but what do expect in a sh*tty league like this!! If they give thier all then i don't mind the odd mistake or missed goal. If we don't get off his back we'll lose him and replace him with someone who doesn't care about the club and who is a xmas reject from another club. All nwe seem to do is get rid of good players and bring in crap.

Poultice

Bit bored with it all Red. Never could cope with interminable meetings where people espouse their own attributes and criticise others, whilst displaying a total lack of willingness to do bugger themselves.

This thread on the other hand is great.

Could be true, might not.

I seriously believe that Gill has brought little to the table this season, he is fine when it is laid on a plate for him but seems unable to move out of his comfort zone without losing his rag. Mackie on the other hand is a fine young player who is getting better all the time, Bucks knows this and would probably turn the boy into a top striker. I suggested that someone would come in for him on another thread but suspected that the Scum would be the only West Country team with deep enough pockets, if Bucks has the cash then good luck to him. Dean stamp will step up and Sercs could replace Gill now.

Last edited:

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dean stamp will step up and Sercs could replace Gill now.
TBH I don't think Dean Stamp has the attributes to be playing week in week out at this level yet! He seems to me like another Chris Wright - lots of running and bluster, and not too much end product at this level. Fine, he scored loads for the Youth team, but needs a lot of work to bring him up to BSP form! Wouldn't be at all surprised if he was released at the end of the season. Now Sercombe is a different kettle of fish!

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Nothing would suprise me.