• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ricky Shakes

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm sure Some Of You Disagree But I Think It Was Quite A Big Mistake Not To Sign Him, When We had The Chance. He Is A Right Winger, Something We Have Been Missing This Season. He Has Great Pace And Fitness, Unlike Elam IMO. Also, We Seem To Have Been Forced To Play Adam Stansfield Down The Right, And Although He Has Done A Reasonable Job, I Believe That His Best Position Is An Out And Out Striker, And When He Is On Form, The Best Striker We Posses.. As A result Of This I Belive The Team Has Suffered. I Don't Mean To Sound Negative, But This Is What I Believe.. Would Be Intrested To hear Other People's Thoughts On This.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Aaaaaarghh !!

There is no evidence to suggest that we ever had the option to sign him ?

Stick to the real world.

ecfc2000

Ricky Shakes. good player. Saw him many time at the county ground. He looked threatening. It wouldn't suprise me if Tis did have the option to bring him in but decided against it.

manc grecian

Didnt Tis say he wasnt the type of player we were interested in? Makes you think who is.

ecfc2000

HAHAHA..I didn't know Tis said that...HAHAHA...he's exactly the type of player we want. Quick, good touch, very powerful and a good finish. Yeah Tis, we def dont want him in the squad!

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Aaaaaarghh !!

There is no evidence to suggest that we ever had the option to sign him ?

Stick to the real world.
He was on a free transfer , we had him on trial - so surely the option to sign him was there....he wouldnt of come on trial if he wasnt looking for a club would he ?....it would of been a case of offering him a deal.

Everyone at Yeading (from memory) said he was the only bright spark from that game...and he's now playing regular first team in League 2 with Brentford...he was outstanding in a recent game on sky v Wycombe...

Last edited:

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
He was bright at the Hayes game, Credy, yes. The only player that did anything of note, tbh.

Not sure why we never signed him, maybe we tried and he decided not to come down to Exeter. Don't forget it's not just up to the manager or ECFC who we sign, it's actually up to the player too.

If Brentford had offered him a trial at the same time then obviously he's going to want to try out for them as he's from that area anyway. As it happens they offered him a place and he accepted.

Wasn't particularly difficult for him to shine amongst a team of youngsters and hopeless trialists!

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wasn't particularly difficult for him to shine amongst a team of youngsters and hopeless trialists!
But Hes Doing It In League 2 As Well...

Maybe he is, I haven't seen him. Just stating that you can't read much into thay Hayes game.