• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

its Time Edwards was on his way

supercity2007

Disgrace to City.

I witnessed him get off the coach several fans said good luck and he just blanked them, Not a word.

The game again he was at fault for them scoring, the bloke is a weak link in Citys defence, he is too slow.

Also he was first off the pitch at the end when the rest of the team including tisdale was applauding the fans.

Time to Go Edwards your a waste of money that i would rather the club spend on a younger player.

cheltGrecian

Can't believe if City go up cheltenham will go dow
Disgrace to City.

I witnessed him get off the coach several fans said good luck and he just blanked them, Not a word.

The game again he was at fault for them scoring, the bloke is a weak link in Citys defence, he is too slow.

Also he was first off the pitch at the end when the rest of the team including tisdale was applauding the fans.

Time to Go Edwards your a waste of money that i would rather the club spend on a younger player.
I was waiting for stupid over reactions!!!

supercity2007

I was waiting for stupid over reactions!!!
did you not go to the game, he was awful today and he has been on a number of games, he is too slow and clumsy.

cheltGrecian

Can't believe if City go up cheltenham will go dow
did you not go to the game, he was awful today and he has been on a number of games, he is too slow and clumsy.
I agree the defence looked a bit shaky today and he didn't have the best of games. I was just saying that you were over reacting abit.

supercity2007

How do you call 4 (four) - 0 over reacting, We were shocking at the back and Edwards was out paced all afternoon and needs to go. sadly tisdale should of bought a young quality central defender to replace edwards.

Last edited:

exesaddler

How do you call 4 (four) - 0 over reacting, We were shocking at the back and Edwards was out paced all afternoon and needs to go. sadly tisdale should of bought a young quality central defender to replace edwards.
Dear oh dear.

So it's Edwards job to close down the playmakers in midfield? Get real mate.

supercity2007

He is too slow he should of followed todd to torquay

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Rather than either centre-half becoming suddenly not good enough, I would suggest that actually none of them are good enough to be a back three on a regular basis, such is the style of Edwards and Taylor that I think they benefit from the full back system. Friend is more of a left back IMO. Asking them to play as a back three when we play decent opposition, I feel puts too much on them to change their game. For Oxford I would play Marriott, Tully and Friend as left backs, Taylor and Edwards in the centre, Elam down the right, Moxey down the left, Gill and Artus in the centre, Basham and Stansfield up front, 4-4-2.

Whether we have enough time to prepare for a new system before Tuesday is another matter though. I just think that our centre-halfs are a bit too 'old-fashioned centre-half' to do the fullback job as well

COOMO

Disgrace to City.

Yes we know Edwards is not the quickest but if we are going on recent performances maybe we should get rid of matt gill as he is not playing like we know he can (joking about gilly) just making a point about players not playing up to their potential.

UTC

Last edited:

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
It had to happen, one bad game and the youth start slagging someone off. Get real. Edwards didn't win player of the season for nothing last year, and still has plenty of guile to last another season at least in this league. So he had an off day. So what did the rest of the team have, a stunner? Thought not..........