• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Disabled Supporters Association.

Nik Saunders

Exeter City Disabled Supporters Association is finally here!

Over the summer I’ve been working tirelessly with the help from members of the first elected committee setting up ECDSA.

At tomorrows match (Weymouth game) we at ECDSA are proud to be officially launching the Disabled Supporters Association and to also launch our first fundraiser in partnership with Exeter City Supporters Club in the collection and recycling of supporters old mobile phones (posters are around the club with all the relevant information). I will do a new post with all the information on the above fundraiser.

We are pleased to announce that Exeter City player Bertie Cozic has become our President and tomorrow we will be presenting Bertie with our first membership as a thank you for becoming our president.

The aims and objectives of ECDSA is the promotion of activities and schemes for the benefit of Exeter City AFC Ltd and its disabled supporters.
The association will also promote the inclusiveness of disabled supporters as well as those with impairments and those of the disabled supporters personal assistant.
The association shall also carry out such activities as the committee hereinafter mentioned shall from time to time determine.
The association recognises that all disabled supporters should have an equal opportunity to participate in an enjoyable match day experience and that people with disabilities, impairments or disabled supporters personal assistant must have their interests recognised and promoted by Exeter City AFC Ltd with equal status to that of all other fans of the club.

The committee are: Nick Saunders (Chairman), Colin Atkins (Vice-Chairman), Alastair Young (Secretary), Margaret Atkins (Treasurer), Chris Fiddes, Mark Fisher, Paul Gray, Jeanne Jones, Ian Jubb, Les Knight and Dacre Holloway (ECFC Stadium Manager).

Our disabled supporters association is the only one of its kind in the blue square premier and I would like to take this opportunity in thanking Exeter City FC and the Supporters Club for their backing and support.

Membership is open to any interested persons and a single membership is £5.
Members will receive a membership card, copy of the disabled & assistant information leaflet (the leaflet will have all the up to date information and contact details you need), copy of the rules for ECDSA, certain preferences for all ticket matches with point of contact and also discount on official away coach travel where advertised (discount may vary), pick up a membership form tomorrow or if you would prefer I can email you a membership form. email:[email protected]

Membership applications should be sent to: Mr N Saunders, ECDSA,
Exeter City Football Club, St James Park, EXETER, EX4 6PX. (Cheques or postal orders to be made payable to ECDSA. Please do not send cash).

Thanks to all

Nicholas Saunders
ECDSA Chairman

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well done with all of your work,to get the association set up.No easy task i would imagine.

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nic,

I will take all you have put on here for the official site. Email me if this is a problem.

Cheers

Oli

Nik Saunders

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=136993&command=displayContent&sourceNode=231416&home=yes&more_nodeId1=141443&contentPK=18263580

ECDSA in Express & Echo today.
I've not added a link before so i hope the above works.

Thanks Oli for putting info onto official site, great work!

Nik Saunders

Some great news, we now have over 50 members.

We are looking for someone to become our Press Officer plus Supporters to become Personal Assistants when needed.

Please find the information to the above on the clubs official site, link below:

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/page/DisabledSupportersAssociation/0,,10436~1768586,00.html