• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barmy Advice Corner

S

Scientist James

A thread purely for Barmy to come and ask for advice from those that have been through the 'change' and have lived a little longer than one of our youngest legend...

Barmy feel free to post your questions here and I am sure someone will be more than happy to help.

P.S. This is an G_G free zone...we can't have Barms getting upset!!

B

Barmy Grecian

I have a question do you shut up?

S

Scientist James

Barmy my young Exeweb Jedi you will go far with questions like that...my answer is no.

A word of advice in this situation would be...manners will get you further in life, and they cost nothing

B

Barmy Grecian

You have seen my earlier thread about people not discussing rumours well just dont please.

S

Scientist James

Ok Barms...

Please people can we make sure we do not discuss any rumours on here please?

B

Barmy Grecian

I have another question

what does E=MC squared actually equal

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have another question

I think its something to do with popping cherries.

B

Barmy Grecian

or carbon dioxide + h20 equal

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
or carbon dioxide + h20 equal
splitting atoms now Barms...it appears the Scientist is only trying to help you

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have another question

The equation doesn't 'equal' anything until E & M have values. (C is a constant - the speed of light, which never changes throughout the universe; it also fixes a limit speed for entities within the universe - nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.)

However - it is possible to say what the equation 'means'...It establishes an equivalence between mass and energy, in such a way that mass can be expressed in terms of energy. This is very remarkable, since we would tend to assume that mass & energy actually denote two fundamentally different phenomena in the universe.

Also - Einstein wasn't such a nice person as everyone thinks - he was very quick to try to trash people's reputations if they disagreed with him. Luckily, this sort of phenomenon never occurs on Exeweb.