• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

It's good to be back!!

IJN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nice to be back in Blighty after watching the mighty PAFC take on European Champions League teams (again).

The Greens look in fine fettle and can't wait until the CCC starts again.

Had a realy good and long chat with Ollie over there in the Loipserdorf Hotel and he was really appreciative on how Gary Sawyer was looked after by your lads.

Just thought you should know, that we can do each other favours on occasions.

Ian

loobygrecian

thought i could smell something!!! ;)

Of course Gary was well looked after!!

Last edited:
B

Barmy Grecian

Oh welcome back IJN now **** OFF

Red the Paper

Banned
Welcome back Ian.

Have just got back from 3 days golfing and whoring on the Costas myself.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
IJN: 'Nice to be back in Blighty after watching the mighty PAFC take on European Champions League teams (again).'

Yeah, welcome back Ian, has been a little quiet on here without you;)

So you got a taster of what it must be like to play Champs League clubs in MEANINGFULL competitive games? don't you just envy us??

Glad your squad is looking so 'good', shame you will have to let 12 of them go due to your impending financial crisis:

No money for decent players?

No money to retain TWELVE existing players?

Phase Two cancelled?

Dwindling attendances!

Board over-budgeting by 1,000's the number of season tickets sold!?

Fans openly talking of you going bust!?

Fans openly talking of relegation!?

:-O It's all there on your message boards...

Last edited:

Poultice

Amazing how much Austrian golf courses have improved, so how did your pile of sh*t soon to be going bust and getting relegated football team get on against a bunch of couldn't care less foreign young'uns ?

IJN

IJN: 'Nice to be back in Blighty after watching the mighty PAFC take on European Champions League teams (again).'

Yeah, welcome back Ian, has been a little quiet on here without you;)

So you got a taster of what it must be like to play Champs League clubs in MEANINGFULL competitive games? don't you just envy us??

Glad your squad is looking so 'good', shame you will have to let 12 of them go due to your impending financial crisis:

No money for decent players?

No money to retain TWELVE existing players?

Phase Two cancelled?

Dwindling attendances!

Board over-budgeting by 1,000's the number of season tickets sold!?

Fans openly talking of you going bust!?

Fans openly talking of relegation!?

:-O It's all there on your message boards...

Yeah we're going bust, yes, all of our players are going etc etc etc.

For those of you that are past puberty, does this ring any bells?

Keep it up globey, you really make me smile.

<We'll ignore the fact we've spent £270k on ground improvements, we bought two Hungarian for £550k, we've {yesterday} turned down a £2 million bid for one of our players etc etc etc etc>

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
IJN's 'spin' on things:<We'll ignore the fact we've spent £270k on ground improvements, we bought two Hungarian for £550k, we've {yesterday} turned down a £2 million bid for one of our players etc etc etc etc>:S

The Truth:

"If the figures regarding the chairman's break even figure of 16000 supporters per match is correct then it's not all that difficult to see where the money has gone.
For the last two seasons we have had an average gate of 13000. 3000 below the break-even figure.
Say the average cost of a ticket is £15. So 3000 * £15 which I believe is £45000. Multiply that by 23 and you get £1,035,000. That's for one season. Double that to take last season into account and it's a total shortfall of £2,070,000. That's where the money has gone.
Don't forget we also forked out £2.7M to buy the freehold, a deal which was supposed to "give the club more freedom", but which seems to have done nothing other than make things more difficult.
I don't buy the story about the Chris Porter bid for one moment. Did we really bid three quarters of a million for a player who a few months later was going to leave on a free anyway? Doesn't wash with me at all. Either the club put that bid in as an attempt to show some ambition, safe in the knowledge that the bid was going to be turned down, or it wasn't done at all.
But the shortfall I mentioned is happening because the crowds aren't turning up. Ollie going to the press and saying he'd be happy with just enough points to keep us up, is not going to help in that regard I suspect. During our brief stint near the top of the league last year the crowds were still crap. It seems there isn't much that will convince Mr A. Pathetic of Ernesettle to turn up. We've had all sorts of initiatives - student reductions, concessions for those in the forces, quid a kid....you name it. None of it has worked. Even giving away free tickets to the kiddies for the Derby match only yielded a crowd just above the break-even figure!

I seriously don't think Plymouth Argyle's biggest stumbling block is the board. I think it's Plymouth itself. Janners define apathy, always have done."

:-O

B

Barmy Grecian

:-O Globe,come on you have to understand the plymouth fans wont be able to understand all of that.

IJN

All you're quoting there globey is a Janner equivalent to yourself, i.e someone who simply quotes sh*te.

I sat for about two hours on Friday night with Ollie and a Director of Argyle, taking all things green.

We did make a bid for Porter (even OAFC admitted this on their official site) for £750k.

Where this idiot gets 16k for "break even" God only knows. How stupid is that?

Everyone knows we will average about 13k, so why should the Chairman, a very very good accountant, put that in his budget????

It's all tosh, written by a person, who is as dim as you are, as simple as that.

As I say, we spent almost a million on players last season, we're doing O.K thank you very much.