• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Britain, a world power ?

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Two huge new Aircraft Carriers, a necessity to secure our borders or simply the means to go steal oil when it starts to run out ?
Anybody care ?

Red the Paper

Banned
sounds good to me.

As Palmerston once said "They should not only see the stick, but feel it on their backs"

Exe on Valdez

I say it is imperative we have both borders and oil. So yes i do care.

Red the Paper

Banned
I say it is imperative we have both borders and oil. So yes i do care.
Good first post Exe.

Poultice

Some might suggest we have no effective borders now and that the 3 billion cost of two huge willys might have been better waved at the new joint customs and immigration force.

Exe on Valdez

We have oil in the north sea and we have borders aound our land and the sea we own. We have everything we need so we should protect it and only sell it to others if they ask nicely and pay well.

Britain ceased to be a world power at the end of the Suez Crisis in 1956. Two aircraft carriers? Bloody ridiculous. The money could be used to restore national heritage sites, build schools etc.

Last edited:

Swanaldo

Two huge new Aircraft Carriers, a necessity to secure our borders or simply the means to go steal oil when it starts to run out ?
The latter I suspect. We are certainly not at risk of a naval invasion from anywhere!

Joking aren't you! We've got a naval invasion taking place everyday at Dover.

Swanaldo

I thought they were hanging off the axles of the Eurostar.