• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Baud F.C.

David Treharne

Though I'm sure that it wont compete with the tour of Cornwall I would like to let you know that Baud F.C. are already in pre-season training, and looking to be bolstered by two exciting new signings. The "big one' is the capture of Bastien Rousseau (no relation) from GSI Pontivy and the arrival of Guillame Le Corre from Plumelin Sports. Whilst not offering 'Tribute" at GBP1 there is the Friday attraction of "Moules frites dans le parc de Scaouet - a partir de 19h" et aussi "Le bal", which will commence at its conclusion. Then it's the big one of Saturday.........

David Treharne

I'm afraid that you're going to have to put up with postings about this right the way through the season, for reasons that will gradually become clearer as the games get under way.
The game to decide the composition of the "A' side will take place on August when the Club have organised an 'A' versus 'B' game after which the first team squad will be selected for the opening game of the season against Noyal Pontivy ( "Des Moutons Blanc") whilst on the 14th August three teams are in action with the 1st X1 versus Plouvigner and the 2nd and 3rd Teams against Camors 'A' and 'B'.
Gripping stuff ,eh?

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's either something to do with your sister or Bertie.
Unless Al Yates has decided to be the founder member of their supporters trust?

David Treharne

The first team won 2 -1 at home on Sunday against AurayJV. They took an early lead through Le Moigno who scored in the 3rd minute, with Auray equalising in the 56th minute before Le Letty won the game with a fine solo goal in the 85th minute.
Another big one next Saturday when they take on Lanester at home.
However if you're about there's 'Soiree Couscous' in the evening, further details to follow.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe we should do a PSF over there next year? ;)

David Treharne

I'm sure that Bertie would be in favour as it's not very far from his home.

David Treharne

A setback for the 'bauys' on Sunday when they were rather convincingly beaten by Quiiberon SP at home, 1-3. According to my correspondent they were not at their best.
However they have a break from the League this coming Sunday when they play in "Le Coupe de Bretagne". They're playing lower league opposition in the shape of Muzillac OS, but are playing away from home. If the village of Muzillac is not one of the pretttest venues you could play in I don't know what would be-it's on the Gulf of Morbihan. All will be welcome at the 14.00 kick off ( all pay).

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
You driving then Dave? ;)

David Treharne

You driving then Dave? ;)
I think we established on Saturday that it would be possible, later in the season, to go to Brittany to watch a Sunday game, and get back for work on Monday, so there'll be some further investigation into the possibility of an 'away day' match later in the season. If you might be interested in taking part then please PM me.
Meanwhile the mighty Baud are into the next round of the Brittany Cup after what was described to me as 'a shaky performance' yesterday. They went 1 down after 23 minutes and it wasn't until the 57th minute that Le Letty levelled the score with N'Dour giving them the lead in the 70th minute with Le Huitouse powering in a third before the opposition pulled one back near the end to make the final score 2-3 to Baud. The draw for the next round takes place later in the week and next week it's back to the League.

David Treharne

Depressing times for followers of the mighty Baud FC. A fortnight ago they were knocked out in the second round of the Coupe de Bretagne going down 1-2 at home to the marauding hordes from Pontivy.
Worse was to follow as following last weeks defeat away at Languidic 2-0 they have dropped to the bottom of their league with a miserable -14 goal difference.
Extra training has been called at the Sportsmans Bar to redress the recent slump in form.

PS. This weeked they are playing C.S. Bignan who are four points above them in the table having played four more games, and they are the team with the second worst goal difference of -5. Come on you Whites!

Last edited: