• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Your happiest day as a Grecian....

• Thread starter Cliff Bastins Shorts
  • Start date
C

Cliff Bastins Shorts

Although the MUFC gameswere memorable and probably the pinnacle for most City fans,mine is the 80-81 FAC win at SJPover Newcastle 4-0.

As a 15 year old at the time I can still remmebr getting on the 3pm train after mitching off school from Newton Abbot to St Davids and still getting home in time to watch the highlights on SPORTSNIGHT with Harry Carpenter. :lol:

And we OUTCLASSED the Geordies to boot :yesyes:

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Blimey, that's a tough one (and not because there's so few to choose from!!!).

Johnny Hodge at Argyle and that 3-0 win.
Seeing the players come out onto the pitch at OT with a lump in my throat (go on, admit it, I can't have been the only one!).
Losing 5-2 at Darlo on the last day of the season (and thus managing to attend every first team fixture that season) and finding out that not only had other results conspierd to keep us up, but that a David Speedie hat-trick for Blackburn had sent Plymouth down.
The start of the 2003/2004 season as a Trust run club.
Those ten seconds of going mental at the end of last season when Hux told us all that Aldershot had lost and we were in the playoffs (that was so cruel).

But for me, it'll have to be something special to beat that day in Lincoln in 1990 when we won the Fourth Division Championship and finished in style on a blazing hot day with a thumping 5-1 win in front what seemed like at least 2,000 travelling Grecians.

mikelincs

must of been ten, remember kellow grabbing a hatrick against leicester city.also chris vinnicombe was in the class above me at school & was a pretty good mate & he got us free tickets to a city game :D

T

topchav2005

kicking off last game of the season and telling ruusell and lewis to feck off and uri geller by saying im the celebrity in this jungle you get the feck out of here,just sad we went down that day :D :cry:

LammieLammieLammie

Good question.

Close call, as a Teenager, going to watch Kellow and Beer, and the 1977 team.

As an adult,

The Man U away game, and discovering Exeweb! :lol:

Chalk1e

Well-known Exeweb poster
topchav2005 said:
kicking off last game of the season and telling ruusell and lewis to feck off and uri geller by saying im the celebrity in this jungle you get the feck out of here,just sad we went down that day :D :cry:
Mine would first day of the next season and knowing how lucky we were to still have a club and knowing we couldn't take anything for granted.

St George

Final whistle after the away Man Utd game.
Winning Div Four.
The day the trust took over.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
My most happiest day has to be Wednesday 25th October 1989, the night I was a mascot for the club on my 8th birthday and we trounced Blackpool 3-0 in the 3rd round of the Littlewoods Cup. I can still remember every minute of that night as if it was yesterday, it was a night to remember. I still have the shirt I wore that night somewhere....doesnt fit me now though!! :wink:

RaWZ

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
My happiest day as a grecian would probably be the day at Old Trafford - never did I think that my favourite team would be playing Manchester United in their backyard and holding them to a draw - what an amazing day!!! :yesyes:

Spicy Nik Nak

I'm with CBS, the Newcastle game was amazing and then watching them come out at OT, you weren't the only one Anthony.