• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Father's day

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
So, fellow Exeweb dads, what d'you get? I got a couple of DVDs (Saw, Goal), pants and socks. Oh, breakfast in bed too. Excellent stuff.

The girls have gone shopping in town, so me and miladdo are at present watching wrestling, then it'll be a few laps of Forza 2 on the 360, followed by Goal this afternoon.

Yesterday was a good day too, as along with Feverpitch, only the best people get married on 16th June, and as such me and SWMBO celebrated our 17th anniversary yesterday (I won't go into details....;) ).

Hope the rest of you have a good day too.

footymum

Ant, hubby got Forza 2 for the X-box 360 - also had brekkie in bed. We are taking father-in-law to the Mount Pleasant at Dawlish Warren in a bit for lunch, with a nice stroll along to Dawlish. Lovely!!

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
You'll have to disconnect the leccy to get him off Forza footymum! Anyway, wrestling's just finished, time for a few laps meself!

footymum

He can't get on it - the kids won't come off!!!

B

Barmy Grecian

I got loads of presents because it is my birthday,my favourite present is Hot Fuzz dvd waiting to watch this afternoon.

Red the Paper

Banned
Fathers Day, Mothers Day, Valentines day...all cons thought up by the media men to get more cash out of you. Bah humbug.

To me every day is fathers day. All a parent wants is the love and respect of their children and I get that every day. Whilst I received some obscure Punk Cds and a hug and kiss, what I would prefer is:

*to be able to use the bathroom in the morning
*to be able to answer my home phone and it be for me
*not the hear the words "daaaaad" because I know it always costs me big time
*For my daughter to stay in on a friday and saturday night so I don't have to put on my chauffeurs hat.

I am not asking alot. Wait a minute I can hear my son calling me....."daaaaad"...Oh f*ck

Last edited:

newburygrecian

My Dad got a supersoaker to use on the cats who keep crapping in our garden.

seersy

found fathers day hard frist one since i lost our baby girl in feb this year, (18 months old) but the other kids have made me a keyring, and got a teddy bear with from daddys cheeky monkey.

Red the Paper

Banned
found fathers day hard frist one since i lost our baby girl in feb this year, (18 months old) but the other kids have made me a keyring, and got a teddy bear with from daddys cheeky monkey.
Truly sorry to hear that seersy. I cannot imagine how difficult today is for you, but know that your love for your daughter will stay alive in you forever.

MikeB

I didn't even realise it was Father's Day! Not something I need to bother with any more - sadly.

Last edited: