• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Breakthrough In Madeleine Mccann Case

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Sorry to invade the normal boards for this, I'll understand if it is eventually moved but I wanted to let everyone know that on sky news 24, portuguese police have a suspect and are searching his villa in Praia da Luz, and got him in custody. He is a briton, called Robert Murat, forensic team are in. Apparently police are questioning more than one person in the case, though at this stage no-one has been formally arrested.

Red the Paper

Banned
Have been watching Sky News intently for last hour. They seem confident they have got the right person but we need to make sure Madeleine is found alive. Lets hope so

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
Saw something on BBC but just mentioned they have been searching a house and thought nothing of it...seems like it has developed. Sky News now on

Thanks for the update

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Have been watching Sky News intently for last hour. They seem confident they have got the right person but we need to make sure Madeleine is found alive. Lets hope so
Abso-bloody-exactly. Off to bed now as up at 6 for work but will be up earlier to check sky news 24 again

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't see it being this guy. He might be a bit of an oddball but he'd have to have some front to volunteer to act as an interpreter for the Portugese police. Moreover, it must be significant that he hasn't even been arrested.

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
It screams to me of a similar story to the Ian Huntley scenario at the moment, therefore Egg I see your point but the behaviour is no different to that of Ian Huntley.

Last edited:

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought by law the Portugese police couldn't reveal anything to the press? In which case why is it we know the name of the suspect before he has even been charged?

Last edited:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who says he will be charged?! I'd be surprised if this were then man.

As regards our knowing the name of the suspect, with half the British media camped out in Portugal, isn't it entirely conceivable that this didn't come from the Portugese police?

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fair point. Having read the BBC report on this it only says they are searching the house of this guy's mother and that someone has been taken in to give a statement. Not sure what it is saying on sky. I hate to think the media are making more of this than it actually is and are giving everyone false hope.

D

Dr Da

Apparently some Mirror/Sunday Mirror journalist reported him to the local police, after she thought something was odd about him when speaking to him.... (Odd remarks, too interested, etc)