• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Evening Classes

ecfcads

Anyone know where I can do a German eveing class in the City?

mustangspeed2006

You could try Exeter College. I do German A-level and my lecturer does evening classes there.

Cravat

I'm doing a Spanish class in the evening now. It's the second of two steps to GCSE Spanish, which I hope to do next year.

Anyone else do evening classes? I enjoy doing them as it's nice to be learning something that isn't work related.

I was disappointed to see that the classes offered by Exeter College in the evenings have been scaled back a lot since I last did one 2 or 3 years ago. A lot of the History and the like classes are gone. That made me sad. I also heard that one of the few remaining History courses - Medieval History A-Level - was just chopped as they only had 9 people doing it, when it needed 10 to be 'viable'.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I do German A-level and my lecturer does evening classes there.
What, you mean that he's still only learning the language as well.

I fear for you - does not bode well ;)

KingBilly

Anyone know where I can do a German eveing class in the City?
Ok, forget the evening classes, I'll teach you.

Lesson One: Repeat after me...."Ve Ave Vays of making Vu Talk".

Tim Long

What, you mean that he's still only learning the language as well.

I fear for you - does not bode well ;)
When I was at school, I had a teacher whose main subject was Economics but taught Mathematics as well. After being taken to task by the whole class for getting a basic trigonometry question wrong, he said "I was told in teaching that as long as you're one lesson ahead of your pupils, you're doing OK."

Drew Peacock

St Peter's school does them.

Jordann

My dear mother will yell at you in German for free?

Japanman

My dear mother will yell at you in German for free?
Things have suddenly become a lot more clear as far as you are concerned.

You could, of course, follow this idiots' lead.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3149481/Steve-McClaren-accent-is-the-wurst.html

Play the video. It's great.

Last edited:

mustangspeed2006

I'm doing a Spanish class in the evening now. It's the second of two steps to GCSE Spanish, which I hope to do next year.

Anyone else do evening classes? I enjoy doing them as it's nice to be learning something that isn't work related.

I was disappointed to see that the classes offered by Exeter College in the evenings have been scaled back a lot since I last did one 2 or 3 years ago. A lot of the History and the like classes are gone. That made me sad. I also heard that one of the few remaining History courses - Medieval History A-Level - was just chopped as they only had 9 people doing it, when it needed 10 to be 'viable'.
Yeah I just started learning Spanish last week for a bit of fun. It's quite bizarre getting taught a foreign language in a foreign language though (in my case getting taught Spanish in German). I might end up doing a GCSE or equivalent certificate in it.