• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wayne Rooney

Ian Sideman

There's no doubt that Wayne Rooney is a huge talent, but his continual interest in macho posturing, swearing and confrontation is becoming increasingly disturbing.

To be hauled off by the manager partly to avoid a red card, against Andorra, of all people, is shocking. I think he's in severe danger of disappearing up his own arse.

Let's hope his attitude changes before he becomes another "could have been". It would a tragedy to see such talent wasted.

rogerc

T.....Let's hope his attitude changes before he becomes another "could have been". It would a tragedy to see such talent wasted.
Self destruction of this overpaid, egotistical 'thick as two short planks' is guaranteed as soon as Fergusson has had enough of changing his nappy!

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm glad Everton got rid. He is a disaster waiting to happen. Its amazing how quickly money changes people.

Forever7

He's had a poor season. Sven Bore-em Eriksson didn't help by taking him to last year's World Cup... the interest in him and the expectation reached ridiculous proportions, especially for a young lad (which people forget he still is). I don't think he has recovered from that. I think he needs a good rest and will come back next season fresher and (hopefully) fitter.

IIRC, he has only scored in about eight games for United this season.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Silly Silly boy...so much talent but so much :mad:

Was so poor in both England games...what other player would keep his place in the side if he had not scored in 14 games...nobody...

Knock Crouchey all you want and apparently all his goals came against Micky Mouse teams but at least they come...we miss him.

Forever7

The only thing that misses Crouch (apart from yourself Credy) is the circus. Freak.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
So Rooneys record is good enough Forever 7 ?....no goals in 14 qualifiers and no goal since Euro 94 - course it isnt & he didnt score against the mighty Andorra...

Knock Crouchey all you want...but when we played them at home Crouch scored 2....Rooney got winded up by a butcher at centre half.

Time to produce Wayne.

Forever7

I never said his record was good enough mate... as I said, he is having a poor season and looks overweight to me. I'm not that bothered what he does for England, just so long as he produces for United (which he has done sporadically this season).

For the record - I think it is 16 internationals since he last scored, while in the Champions League, he has scored in only one game - a hat-trick on his debut.

Forever7

And look how United improved when he was forced off at Anfield.. Now who was it who replaced him again......??? ;)

manc grecian

So he has not scored a meaningful goal for England since he was an Everton player? Says it all really. I reckon he is pining for a move back to the blues. Well Wayne and your whole scruffy family and bird you can shove it.