• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Giving blood

MattyD

I gave blood today, thought it would be quite scary but really wasn't. Felt really good afterwards.

Go and do it

Spoke to a mate of mine and he said he was petrified of needles, Why? anyone else get like that?

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm a wimp with pain but always give blood. People think it's loads worse than it is. The worst bit is when they ***** your finger at the beginning :D but the cup of tea and biccies makes up for it!

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
I give blood every day at work :)

i_m

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would if I knew where to go! Do they tell you what blood group you are?

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Should be on the National Blood Service website and yes they tell you what blood group you are.

Link

Last edited:

older-codger

Also a very useful basic health check. Never knew my blood pressure was so high 'till they told me when I went to give blood (after getting my silver badge).

Could easily have saved me getting a stroke or something. Very useful 6 monthly check and blood test.

Ashecfc

I found out that I am B positive. Make sure you dont Sh*g any1 the day before.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm A rhesus positive, but I can't give blood coz I don't weigh enough!!!

Last edited:

Jim Shepherd

Got a nice little card from NBS today thanking me for donating thrice in the last year. I can claim a commemorative coaster next time I go, probably in January afetr New Years' Eve alcohol content has died down.

A nice warm, glowy feeling on a not so warm and glowy day.

If you can, you really should.

surf123

I have given blood for years . Don't like the thought of it every time I go but after, think why was I bothered ? and feel good that I did. It is such a good cause but can understand why people don't as its the thought of it rather than the doing.