• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Help needed re laptop

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I need help i've managed to break the letter J on a laptop. I've somehow broken the plastic on the bottom causing it to 'pop out' when pressed. How do i fix it or get a replacement?

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
get a new Laptop :D

edit: how the hell did you manage to break the J?? did you throw it across the room?

Last edited:

DrDeath

Well-known Exeweb poster
Upstart, who the f**k uses J anyway?

Your friend and inspiration.

The Doctor.

angelic upstart

Well it isn't my laptop so i do need to get it fixed. Preferably as cheaply as possible. I basically did the piano style thing on the keyboard and i broke it! I feel a bit of a clowns pocket if i'm honest.

Swanaldo

Do you know any Italians? You could swap your laptop for theirs.

angelic upstart

Good one Swan.....It took me a minute too...

angelic upstart

Anyone able to help?

Gozzer

Well it isn't my laptop so i do need to get it fixed. Preferably as cheaply as possible. I basically did the piano style thing on the keyboard and i broke it! I feel a bit of a clowns pocket if i'm honest.
Well you did manage to type that and make sense without using the letter J. I have only used it once in this reply. I think that its a very overrated letter. You have to ask yourself if it is really cost-effective to replace it, compared to the option of avoiding using it. Its not that difficult, honest.

older-codger

Tried superglue? Depends of course what's actually broken

angelic upstart

Gozzer
I agree with your sentiments but as mentioned in my second post on this thread the laptop isn't actually mine. I have a feeling the owner may want to use the letter J.