• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Another chapter in the book of Life

Ian Mancey

Appologies if no one is interested but Id like to share this with you guys. The Mancey household has reached a new chapter in the book of life!
Liam my eldest(17) is leaving home tomorrow(08.50) to pursue a career in the Royal Navey.
It seems quite surreal that he is leaving home at such a young age and, I know this will sound soppy, but at the moment i feel Im loosing one of my best mates! But that is what he wants to do, and has done for a long while now, and as Dad i must support that decision. If anyone is interested he has signed on for 22 years!
It will seem strange him not being here, dad can you? Ill miss that!
Next time we see him is in 8 weeks, passing out parade. He has asked if we can go and watch Exeter [ecfc] for a passing out pressy? Sorted, good lad!
Then he gets posted to Portsmouth, then?

Hope I havent bored you? and appologies for being a softie.

spick

Well-known Exeweb poster
You Must Be Immensely Proud, I Know I Would Be.

Ian Mancey

Spick, Words cannot say how proud i am! I am the proudest Dad ever, honest!
What was surreal was I had to counter sign his entry forms!!! and the bit that gave my permission for him to go to war!!! Plays on my mind that bit?

Thanks mate

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
If it's of any relevance Ian, My sister is in the Navy and she doesn't even go on a boat the vast majority of the time. She fixes helicopters and thats about it. It will depend on what your son is doing in the navy as to whether he goes to war or not.

Ian Mancey

If it's of any relevance Ian, My sister is in the Navy and she doesn't even go on a boat the vast majority of the time. She fixes helicopters and thats about it. It will depend on what your son is doing in the navy as to whether he goes to war or not.

AU, He is joining as an Airtech, same as your sis I expect? I did question the War bit? I had to sign that as he is under 18? But still woke me up! apparently, so Im told, everyone has to do a tour at some point or be able to go to Sea? plus Liam wants to end up on an Aircraft carrier?

Thanks Mate

newburygrecian

Good luck to the lad!

At least he's not being posted to Plymouth, eh?[ecfc]

Last edited:

Ian Mancey

Good luck to the lad!

At least he's not being posted to Plymouth, eh?[ecfc]
He has to do his basic at Torpoint(HMS Raleigh)!! but only for 8 weeks! Phew

ECFC Nursey!

Very well known Exeweb poster
RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
Ian having a touch of the eebie jeebies. I would be the same. I gt like this when I am off on hols for 2 weeks!
You are right to be proud of your lad he has obviously worked hard and will continue to have to do so - You will overflow with pride at the passing out parade!!

Ian Mancey

Ian having a touch of the eebie jeebies. I would be the same. I gt like this when I am off on hols for 2 weeks!
You are right to be proud of your lad he has obviously worked hard and will continue to have to do so - You will overflow with pride at the passing out parade!!
Thank you Nursey, yes definatley got the eebie jeebies, so has lin! silly thing is liam cant wait!!! this has been the longest day of his life, I think?
Im so proud like I said you wouldnt believe! and the passing out? Hankey time!

Thanks for your kind words.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
My brother and I are the first generation of Crockfords not to join the Navy.

Congratulations Ian, and good luck to the bauy.