• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wrestling

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
No, not Big Daddy and Kendo Nagasaki, but the American WWE malarky.

Has anyone ever been to one of their events when they bring Raw and Smackdown over here? I notice they'll be doing their thang in Cardiff, London and Birmingham in April and quite fancy taking miladdo along.

Worth the £30-odd per ticket, or not?

B

BTIE

Mox, PM Jubby, he"s the man with the knowledge on the wrestling scene of today, he will tell you if its worth it and anything else you want to know.

PeteUSA

Its all a fix though Moxey. They fly over together, travel on a coach around the countryside together, and prop the bar together after their bouts!

Now in the days when Jackie (Mr TV) Pallo used to fight Mick McManus on a saturday afternoon, that wasnt fixed was it? ^o)

LOG

can't comment on value for money but a big fan of wwe that i know got stitched up by a ticket agency last year for a similar event so just be a bit careful where you get 'em from.

B

BTIE

can't comment on value for money but a big fan of wwe that i know got stitched up by a ticket agency last year for a similar event so just be a bit careful where you get 'em from.
Yes, can be tricky, Ive always used www.ticketmaster.co.uk when Ive been unable to get tickets for whatever events that have sold out and they have always come up trumps, albeit you pay a bit more.

LammieLammieLammie

Now in the days when Jackie (Mr TV) Pallo used to fight Mick McManus on a saturday afternoon, that wasnt fixed was it? ^o)
I was scarred as a kid from this when I went to a friends house on a Saturday afternoon when I was about 9. I couldn;t beleive that people watch ITV on a Saturday afternoon with Kent Walton (?) when Grandstand was on the other side with the vide printer.

Ant, I think you would hate it. as has been said, I suspect it is all rigged.

B

BTIE

Without doubt its rigged, but it appeals to the young kids like Mox has so why not.

Antony Moxey

Its all a fix though Moxey.
Durr. Course it's all fixed, there's been enough documentaries on it to know that the bouts and all the bravado outside of the ring aren't real (it'd be one hell of a coincidence to just happen to have a camera crew handy every time something kicks off out around the back!). Doesn't stop it being a right hoot though - what do you think the 'E' stands for?

Brian Moore

I went to the Panto last week. It was good.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh no it wasnt !!

In terms of vfm, it's hard to say really as what you will be seeing is a house show rather than a recording of Raw/Smackdown .. which is taking place in Earls Court this time around ..

Basically on a house show, you still end up seeing the same people but with almost no interviews etc ... they just come out and wrestle ... and "somehow" the champs will always win !

That being said - it can still be a good night out ...

The only other thing to be aware of is the fact that not all of the wrestlers will appear due to injuries etc ... whilst it may be fake, it can still hurt ...

NG