• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Football Manager

Ebs

played one season so far as Exeter City. Beat a league club to get to the F.A. Cup 3rd round where we drew Man Utd away! earned me £900,000!

i wont say what the result was, but im about to play the play off final against Carlisle!

Chalk1e

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've played three seasons so far...The first two started off really well but I fell away to mid table obscurity...The third season started pretty badly but I went pretty much unbeaten from the end of November and I won the league on the last day of the season and also the FA Trophy.

Eddy

I am totally addicted to this game :)

I'm in the 4th season now. Finished 6th in my first season (missed the playoffs by a point), then 5th (losing in the playoff semi) before finishing 2nd in my 3rd season and winning the playoff final. Should have won the league, but the team choked in the final few matches and ended up 2nd by 3 points.

Im now in League 2 lying 12th, 6 points off the playoffs but not happy with my defence. Conceding too many goals. Club is actually in the black! Sold Sheldon for £150k and have had a few good cup runs to make some money (including getting to the 4th Round of the Fa cup).

Off to play :)

Chalk1e

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am addicted as well, but the game only runs on the Laptop and not on the PC...The Laptop went off for repairs, it came back and is still buggared. So I'm waiting for it to be picked up again...I am suffering from withdrawal symptoms :shock: .

Ebs

I know what you mean!

I'll have to play the play off final soon. i didnt sign anyone apart from one or two loanees! but drawing utd away was really spooky!

i have a bank balance of £700,000 and Devine accepted a £750 a week contract with large goal bonuses :D

thermopylai

Talking of gaming co-incidences - I played City on Sensible Soccer (still the greatest footy game of all time) reaching the Premiership in five seasons, and winning the Cup-winners cup final (its an old game, okay) against AC Milan on penalties. The next season we won the Premiership in the final game of the season at, of all places, OT. (A last minute penalty scored by Patrick Kluivert!). Perhaps the most disturbing thing was that the only player left from the original squad was Bazza McConnell...

Chalk1e

Well-known Exeweb poster
SwoS was the best football game ever...Better than any FIFA or Pro Evo...I loved it when they added the management side to the game. I never quite got city to the top though.

Dobley

Sensi was Ok, but to be honest its hype has outlived itself.

Having been an avid CM addict for years, I know find it strangely difficult to start a game at City. I much prefer to 'come home' a few seasons in when the game has progressed to a slightly more 'unique' stage. Currently on FM Im at Greenock Morton after a three year spell in Sweden and Norway. After 8 months I've got the squad playing football up the pitch now and the club is in a good financial shape for a push towards Premiership footy, but City are toying with relegation from the Conference and it'd be a pain in the ass to have to go and bail them out...

Poundstretcher

I'm ten seasons in on FM with the Grecians.

04/05 - Conference, 3rd - lost to Morecambe (Semi)
05/06 - Conference, 5th - lost to Northampton (Semi)
06/07 - Conference, 3rd - lost to Lincoln (Final)
07/08 - Conference, 2nd - lost to Nuneaton (Semi)

At this stage, I received a much-appreciated £5m cash injection. It didn't say where from, but I'm assuming that Joey finally cracked under the weight of the obscenely large wage bill which was driving us towards the liquidators once again. Either way...

08/09 - Conference, 1st
09/10 - League Two, 1st
10/11 - League One, 1st
11/12 - Championship, 9th
12/13 - Championship, 4th - promoted (beat Blackburn & Millwall)
13/14 - Premiership, 14th

The important thing is that we now have £19m in the bank, and are looking to build a stable foundation for the future. We can now compete with League One clubs for wages, but the stadium is currently mid-expansion, reduced to 7,600 in advance of getting all of 4,000 new seats. We averaged 9,000+ last season... Southenders!

2013/04 Team: +Martin Krasa - *Jon Otsemobor, Chris White, David Raven, Jim Tait - Danny Reynolds, Gareth Williams, Kieran Richardson, Robbie Foy - Milan Baros, Peter Crouch

Chalk1e

Well-known Exeweb poster
2013/04 Team: +Martin Krasa - *Jon Otsemobor, Chris White, David Raven, Jim Tait - Danny Reynolds, Gareth Williams, Kieran Richardson, Robbie Foy - Milan Baros, Peter Crouch
I always knew that one day I would play for City in the premiership...

...Is this player in the game from the beginning or does he get promoted from the youth team some way into the game?