The draw for the second round proper of the FA Cup was made yesterday at the Civil Service Football Club. Only one non league side is guaranteed a place in the third round, either Stourbridge (conquerors over Plymouth Argyle in 2011) or Chris Todd’s Eastleigh. Depending on replay results, there may be more non league only ties in round 2.
Hartlepool won’t relish their visit to Salford. Hartlepool lost to Blyth Spartans live on TV last season, and this tie is likely to be chosen by the BBC or BT Sport for live coverage.
1. Aldershot Town or Bradford City v Chesham United
2. Barnet v Brackley Town or Newport County
3. Peterborough v Luton Town
4. Portsmouth v Accrington Stanley
5. Stourbridge v Eastleigh
6. Northampton Town v Northwich Victoria or Boreham Wood
7. Exeter City v Port Vale or Maidenhead United
8. Cambridge United v Doncaster Rovers
9. Grimsby Town v Shrewsbury Town
10. Yeovil Town v Stevenage
11. Rochdale v Bury
12. Welling United v Carlisle United
13. Leyton Orient v Scunthorpe United
14. Millwall v Wycombe Wanderers
15. Colchester United v Altrincham
16. Chesterfield v Walsall
17. Sheffield United v Mansfield Town or Oldham Athletic
18. Salford City v Hartlepool United
19. Dagenham & Redbridge or Morecambe v Whitehawk
20. Braintree Town or Oxford United v Forest Green Rovers
Replays will be played on Tuesday 17 November, and subject to TV Coverage. The Boreham Wood/Northwich Victoria replay will be played on Monday 16 November.
TV fees for live coverage will be as follows: £33,750 for a first round replay; £72,000 for live coverage of a round 2 tie; and £36,000 for a live coverage of a 2nd round replay.
Ties to be played on weekend of 4-5-6 December. Winners receive £27,000 from The FA Prize Fund.