Not a good weekend for those travelling from North Devon to Exeter’s game with Hartlepool. The A377 is expected to be closed near Umberleigh (between Umberleigh and the Portsmouth Arms at Burrington).
Buses will also be used between Crediton and Barnstaple because of new tracks being laid from Eggesford. The buses will also be delayed on their journey due to the previously mentioned road closures. Details on the First Great Western website here.
For Barnstaple to Exeter St Davids then:-
- An hourly non-stop rail replacement service will operate between Barnstaple and Exeter St Davids
- An hourly rail replacement service will operate between Barnstaple and Crediton serving intermediate stations departing 20 minutes earlier than previously advertised
- An hourly rail replacement service will operate between Yeoford and Crediton.
- Customers should change at Crediton for a train service to Exeter St Davids
For Exeter St Davids to Barnstaple then:-
An hourly train service will operate between Exeter St. Davids and Crediton with reduced frequency in the evenings. Customers should change at Crediton for:
- Non-stop rail replacement service to Barnstaple
- Rail replacement service calling at intermediate stations between Copplestone and Barnstaple
- Rail replacement service to Yeoford
For example, travelling from Barnstaple on Saturday for the Hartlepool match
- Dep Barnstaple – 11:17
- Arr Exeter St Davids – 12:48
- Bus service for entire journey
Returning after the Hartlepool game
|Exeter St Davids||17:57|
|Train terminates at Crediton. Change for bus|
|Bus terminates at Barnstaple|