– The Crown Ground, Livingstone Road, Accrington, Lancashire, BB5 5BX
– Stadium size 5,057 (2,000 seated)
– What is the stadium like: Old fashioned, non-league feel to it.
– POTG or ticket entry. Pay on the gate (but see note). Seats or terraces: Adults £20, Over 60’s £15, Under 16’s & Students £10*, Under 12’s £5.
* These tickets are only available from the ticket office where proof of age/evidence of student status must be shown.
– Ticket information can be found on the official site (nearer the time) – Here.
– Bar inside the ground? No
– what is the away end like? The away end is open to the elements. Difficult to generate an atmosphere.
– arrangements for disabled supporters. In with the home fans. Good read here.
- Sat Nav post code: BB5 5BX. Directions from St James Park to The Crown Ground here.
- Mileage: 540 miles (round trip) at an estimated fuel cost of £102.70. 4 hours 9 minutes each way.
if travelling by train you can disembark from Accrington station. This is approximately a 20 minute walk from the ground.
more information on travel can be found here – Ground Guide.
- Tourist Information Board website: http://www.visitlancashire.com/explore/accrington
Any decent pubs? 3 come recommended in Accrington.
The Commercial Hotel is a Wetherspoons, about 20 minutes from the ground and close to the railway station.
The Whitakers Arms is away fan friendly. It is also 200 yards away from the old Peel Park ground.
The Grey Horse is also close to the ground
The Greyhound is an excellent Sam Smiths pub that is favoured by the London Exiles.